Didyou know that colombian spanish is a grouping of the varieties ofspanish spoken in Colombia? among them are the dialects:
Paisa,Rolo or Bogotá dialect, Cundiboyaquense, Caribbean, Valluno, Andean,Opita, Santanderean, Llanero, Chocó and Island dialect.
Inthem you can find several unique slang words such as:
- abrirse ("to split up"): to leave.
- barra (“gold bar"): one thousand Colombian pesos.
- caliente ("hot"): dangerous.
- chino: (from the Chibcha for child"): child..
- comerse a alguien ("to eat somebody"): to have ***.
- fresco ("fresh"): "Be cool!"
- gonorriento: worst of the worst person (considered low-class).
- llave ("key"): friend (considered low-class)
- marica ("faggot"): a term of endearment used among friends. Depending on the tone of voice, it can be understood as an insult. Maricón is a harsher, less-friendly variant.
- paquete ("package"): one million Colombian pesos, also used as an insult.
- plata ("silver"): money.