Filtering and Modelling Termbases in SDL MultiTerm
Terminology Management is a key discipline that positively impacts the way global content is created and delivered by translators, language service providers and corporations.
We are pleased to have Dr. Sue Ellen Wright to illustrate some advanced features, including filters and modelling with SDL MultiTerm.
In particular Dr. Wright will cover:
Dr. Sue Ellen Wright teaches courses in Terminology Management and Computer Applications for Translators (and localizers) at Kent State University in Kent Ohio. She has been active for many years as a terminology trainer in many international environments and as a consultant to industry. She is head of the U.S. delegation to the International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) Technical Committee on Terminology and Other Language and Content Resources.
- Planning for filters and data manipulation at the data model stage
- Ensuring filter success by using picklist values
- Using filters for viewing and outputting termbase subsets
- Documenting termbase information with URLs and hardcopy references
- Outputting data to xml default, comma/tab delimited, and rtf-based dictionary files
Remember first to download the webex player from here: