+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Problems in InDesign when trying to import file

 
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    1157

    Default Problems in InDesign when trying to import file

    Guy,
    has anyone had this problem before?

    I´ve check everything´s ok with the ttx, and it looks ok.
    I run the "fuzzy" all along towards the end, and it´s fine...
    I cleaned up, and it´s fine..

    but, when I´m importing the file back into the source, at the very beginning, the InDesign shows a "serious" error and shuts down...

    any idea? thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Nadia D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    745
    Rep Power
    535

    Default

    I think the problem mught be bookmarks or hyperlinks in the source innd file. You may want to remove/fix them before exporting the text for translation. Once the translation is done, you import the new text to the target indd and restore those bookmarks or hyperlinks.

  3. #3
    Senior Member mvictoria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    379

    Default

    Hi AnaLaura! I get the same error message several times and you need to do exactly as Nadia says: fix the source INDD file and create a new :-)

    Let us know how it goes!

  4. #4
    Senior Member ElVizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analaura
    Guy,
    has anyone had this problem before?

    I´ve check everything´s ok with the ttx, and it looks ok.
    I run the "fuzzy" all along towards the end, and it´s fine...
    I cleaned up, and it´s fine..

    but, when I´m importing the file back into the source, at the very beginning, the InDesign shows a "serious" error and shuts down...

    any idea? thanks!
    That is the problem,TagEditor doesn't handle very well INX files, nor HTML or XML files. That is why you need to create XLIFF files with tools like Okapi for example, then translate that file with the tool of your preference, and compile the translated XLIFF into INX when you finish the translation. You woul not no have those problems.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    1157

    Default you are all right!

    I had to remove the first and last pages where I had all the hyperlinks...

    then I re created the source again with those pages removed, run the fuzzy function with the memory and get the new bilingual version, whose clean version I imported to the new in design source with those pages removed!

    it worked fine, what a mess!

    thank you guys!

  6. #6
    Senior Member ElVizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by analaura
    I had to remove the first and last pages where I had all the hyperlinks...

    then I re created the source again with those pages removed, run the fuzzy function with the memory and get the new bilingual version, whose clean version I imported to the new in design source with those pages removed!

    it worked fine, what a mess!

    thank you guys!
    Okapi (I mention this tool because that is the one I use) blocks (tagging) all the non-translatable text. You need to do that when you localize marketing material designed in Illy, Quark or InDesign. Using the standard format for localization (XLIFF) will allow you to handle your files better.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •