+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problems with TRADOS TagEditor and Translator's Workbench 7.0.0.615

 
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Problems with TRADOS TagEditor and Translator's Workbench 7.0.0.615

    Hello, I need some help with TRADOS. I hope anyone can help me. I have accepted a translation for a company I have already worked for, so I have used before their TM and everything has been OK. Now I have another translation for them, very urgent, and I have encountered a problem: when I open the files to be translated, TagEditor says: 'The open TM has different languages than the document. Interaction with Translator's Workbench will be disabled until a matching TM is opened.'
    The thing is: It is the TM the company told me to use, and the languages are the same than the ones specified in the file (US English > Spanish).
    I am trying to solve the problem but I can't find a solution, so if you can help me, I will be very grateful.
    Thanks very much!!!

  2. #2
    Moderator reminder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    1523

    Default Tm

    The language pairs are the same, but in Spanish you have different options, perhaps the TM has Spanish from Spain and the document has Spanish from Puerto Rico, for example.

    To solve this problem:

    1. Please EXPORT the TM, so that you get a .txt TM,
    2. Then CREATE a new TM with the language pair of the document (be careful with the different options of English and Spanish)
    3. Finally IMPORT the .txt TM...

    et voilą!


  3. #3
    Senior Member Nadia D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    745
    Rep Power
    553

    Default

    Pay attention to the flags at the bottom of the .ttx file (for example, the US flag and the Mexican flag). Then set the new translation memory in those languages, otherwise you won't be able to run the TM with that file.

    Good luck!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    806
    Rep Power
    400

    Default

    That's correct, the message you are getting only appears when the TM and the bilingual document are set with different languages.

    The only way to solve it, is to either start a new TM with the same languages as the document, or translate the source again with the stored segments in the TM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Translator Problems II: Tips on the Localization of Proper Nouns
    By emmas111 in forum Other Translation Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 02:43 AM
  2. Translator Problems I: Food
    By emmas111 in forum General Spanish to English Translation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
  3. Auto-Translator problems
    By rd123 in forum General English to Spanish Translation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
  4. Problems with Trados
    By Azferu in forum Other CAT Tools
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 07:37 PM
  5. TagEditor vs Workbench
    By Fabianea in forum Other CAT Tools
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •