+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

 
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    1157

    Default Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

    So, whatīs your discipline?

    we can follow it and get all the info at: http://en.beijing2008.cn

    Iīd like to sit all day and watch them all!!

    well, half the day watching and the other half training!!!! that is paradise!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ezequiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    392
    Rep Power
    365

    Default Re: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

    Quote Originally Posted by analaura
    well, half the day watching and the other half training!!!! that is paradise!!

    I TOTALLY agree!!! I'd love to live that way, but... you know... It's hard to live of sports here in Argentina, so I have to work to pay the bills hehe =(


    I think there is no single sport I wouldn't watch in the Olympics, I just love them all

  3. #3
    Senior Member mariacecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    440

    Default Re: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

    So... what do you think about the performance of the Argentine team in Beijing (so far)?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    1157

    Default Re: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

    Iīm glued to the TV screen (at the gym, at home, on the radio)

    I think they are doing ok, itīs hard to train and make it all the way to get to the Olympic Games, thatīs a prize!

    We donīt have the top technology or the best equipments, etc; and itīs a big effort for the whole teams to make it there...

    Iīm happy and proud of them...

    So far, what are you guys watching? (me? swimming, martial arts, soccer, weights lifting, volley ball, etc etc!!!)

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    1157

    Default Argentina -Golden Cyclists!!!

    Excellent performance!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Veronica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    806
    Rep Power
    382

    Default Re: Argentina -Golden Cyclists!!!

    I love the Olympics too, and this year the Chinese really organized a great ceremony and great games!

    I think the Argentina team is outstanding, taking into account that they are not pros.
    The girl who won the Judo medal was paid $5000 to go to Beijing, and that's all!! The cyclists use to train in Chaco by themselves, and they all have other jobs and occupations, except for the futbol and basketball players.
    The training someone like them could have compared to a competitor who trains hours and hours each day is very different.

    I read that the Venezuelan government awarded US 20000 to each one who won a medal, what did the Argentine government gave our medalists? A thank you, it's just pathetic.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,672
    Rep Power
    3019

    Default Re: Argentina -Golden Cyclists!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I love the Olympics too, and this year the Chinese really organized a great ceremony and great games!

    I think the Argentina team is outstanding, taking into account that they are not pros.
    The girl who won the Judo medal was paid $5000 to go to Beijing, and that's all!! The cyclists use to train in Chaco by themselves, and they all have other jobs and occupations, except for the futbol and basketball players.
    The training someone like them could have compared to a competitor who trains hours and hours each day is very different.

    I read that the Venezuelan government awarded US 20000 to each one who won a medal, what did the Argentine government gave our medalists? A thank you, it's just pathetic.

    I agree Veronica. I can only imagine how much it cost for an athlete to go to Bejing and stay for weeks. Olympic athletes need support from their governments and private enterprise. There are great athletes all over the world who do not get to compete because of a lack of financial support. Any country lucky enough to have world-class athletes should help them and reward them for their achievements but there are those who do not. Yet, you have very small countries such as Latvia, Cuba and Jamaica that take pride in going to the Olympics and whose athletes took home medals.

    Congratulations on winning the gold in soccer! Quite an accomplishment considering that it is the most widespread and popular sport in the world!!!
    Last edited by vicente; 08-30-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    vicente

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,148
    Rep Power
    525

    Default Re: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

    Excellent performance for all the Argentina team!!! Congratulations!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member mariacecilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    440

    Default Re: Argentina -Golden Cyclists!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vicente
    Congratulations on winning the gold in soccer! Quite an accomplishment considering that it is the most widespread and popular sport in the world!!!
    WE ROCKKKK!!!!

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    1157

    Default Re: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games!!

    Congratulations to "all" of them, with or without medals!!

    itīs a huge, huge effort to make it all the way to The Olympics, in terms of many, training and sacrifice...

    Getting their is a prize by itself already, it would be nice they get our support some way...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •