I thought this was an interesting topic to discuss:
Which are, in your opinion, the best and the worst cover versions of a song ever???
I leave you a short list to start with:
- Sonata Arctica's covers are GREAT: The metal version of Bett Midler's "The wind beneath my wings" is just wonderful.
- Rammstein's version of Depeche Mode's "Stripped"
- Cake's versions of "Perhaps" and "I will survive"
- Nirvana's version of Bowie's "The man who sold the world" (The best cover EVER)
- Scissor Sister's version of Pink Floyd's "Confortably Numb" (puaj)
- Catupecu Machu's version of Spinetta's "Seguir viviendo sin tu amor" (Probably known by Argentinians only)
- White Stripes version of Dolly Parton's "Jolene" (No feeling at all. The genre change of the singer doesn't fit :P)
C'mon!! I want to read yours!!!