+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Just For The Fun Of It,leslie

 
  1. #1
    Forum User Leslie M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moca, Puerto Rico
    Age
    69
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    320

    Default Just For The Fun Of It,leslie

    DO WORDS HAVE CLOTHES? DO LETTERS AGREE? DO BOTH CONFESS TO GO FOLLOWING ME? DOES THE FIRST LETTER A HAVE SOMETHING ON B? EVEN THOUGH Bee IS LONGER ON EEs. I BEFORE E EXCEPT AFTER C. WHAT IF THEY JUST DIDN'T CARE AND DECIDED TO BE FREE? WE TAKE FOR GRANTED THESE LETTERS AND THE WORDS THEY MAKE UP NOT GIVING THEM MUCH THOUGHT EXCEPT WHEN THEY ARE MISPELLED OR WHEN WE DON'T KNOW THEIR MEANING. I'VE WRITTEN MY NAME MANY TIMES ANDI STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE LETTERS IN MY NAME KNOW OR CARE ABOUT ME. THAT'S WHY I MUST TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT JUST IN CASE THEY DECIDE ON A MUTINY. I WOULD NOT BE OVERJOYED IF THEY OPTED TO BE ISLELE NOT LESLIE. I WONDER IF FEAR KNOWS IT MUST BE FEARFUL.DOES NUDITY HAVE NO SHAME WHEN IT APPEARS AS BEAR IN PUBLIC? WHY IS IT THAT GRATEFUL IS NOT THE SAME AS FULL OF GRATE? DOES "HIELO" KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE"YELLOW"? ARE WORDS ANTAGONISTIC BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENCE IN THE LANGUAGE?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Frank van den Eeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Age
    71
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    1135

    Default

    gee...heavy stuff !
    worth a second glance though,
    and a third...
    beste groeten - sincères salutations - kindest regards - atentamente - mit freundlichen Grüßen

  3. #3
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    519

    Default

    Marianiles... I love it! Who wrote it? The whole writing has a music of its own!

  4. #4
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    154

    Default

    Great! Bravo !
    Without clothes on words would not exist, with too much clothes on they would look like us... we are not aware enough of the impact words have on us, and we do not care enough about them...
    Many writers, philisophers... wrote about them, using them, for instance
    Les Mots et les Choses (Words and Things), from Michel Foucault, a wonderful book which explains how words come to life...
    Then many people, often writers, play with them, make up words..., which is great.
    I think words are more aware about us than us about them...

  5. #5
    Forum User Leslie M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moca, Puerto Rico
    Age
    69
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank van den Eeden
    gee...heavy stuff !
    worth a second glance though,
    and a third...
    THANKYOU! IF YOU SPEAK 5 LANGUAGES AS I PRESUME, THEN YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS INTO HEAVY STUFF. I HAVE A HARD TIME AS IT IS JUST WITH ENGLISH & SPANISH. SALUDOS!

  6. #6
    Forum User Leslie M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moca, Puerto Rico
    Age
    69
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Marianiles... I love it! Who wrote it? The whole writing has a music of its own!
    HOLA GABRIEL! IF YOU ASK I REPLY. I DID. THE ORIGINAL PIECE WAS TOO LONG FOR THE SPACE PROVIDED SO I DIVIDED IT INTO 2 POSTS.
    THE 2nd PART IS TITLED "DO WORDS KNOW"

  7. #7
    Forum User Leslie M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Moca, Puerto Rico
    Age
    69
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathiasdb
    Great! Bravo !
    Without clothes on words would not exist, with too much clothes on they would look like us... we are not aware enough of the impact words have on us, and we do not care enough about them...
    Many writers, philisophers... wrote about them, using them, for instance
    Les Mots et les Choses (Words and Things), from Michel Foucault, a wonderful book which explains how words come to life...
    Then many people, often writers, play with them, make up words..., which is great.
    I think words are more aware about us than us about them...
    I agree 100 per penny (%) I am bit lost on other languages beside English & Spanish. Les Mots .... I presume is french. is it widely available?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Frank van den Eeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Age
    71
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    1135

    Default skin the bear !

    You have a creative mind to write something so original.
    And the original is always a thousand times more valuable than any copy.

    Gee... GREAT stuff !

    But shouldn't the bear be bare ...?
    beste groeten - sincères salutations - kindest regards - atentamente - mit freundlichen Grüßen

  9. #9
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MARIANILES
    I agree 100 per penny (%) I am bit lost on other languages beside English & Spanish. Les Mots .... I presume is french. is it widely available?
    Yes, this is french, and widely available, you can find this french book in english titled The Order of Things: An Archaelogy of the Human Sciences, the word "Mot" (word) does not appear in the title, too bad!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •