+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

 
  1. #1
    Moderator eidjit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    952

    Question ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    Recién titubee con un operador telefónico de un servicio de telefonía IP contratado de Estados Unidos, cuando no recordaba como decir "dar de baja un servicio"

    Shut it down?
    Cancel the service?
    Bring it down?
    Take it out?
    Take care of it?
    Kill the service?

    And it gets darker from there.
    _Eidji

  2. #2
    Contributing User LeonelDante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Age
    34
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    605

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    buenas!, yo creo que diciendole "Cancel the service" se sobre entiende y no da margen a la confusion!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    740
    Rep Power
    706

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    Terminate.
    Put an end to.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    4936

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    Coincido con LeonelDante: Cancel the service es la opción más clara y concisa.
    vicente

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    966
    Rep Power
    100

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    It´s funny how a practical phrasal verb such as "to sign up" has no mirror when it comes to look for an antonym. I mean, "to sign up" sounds colloquial, but "to cancel the service" seems like total legalese. Lol

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    679

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    Quote Originally Posted by gentle View Post
    It´s funny how a practical phrasal verb such as "to sign up" has no mirror when it comes to look for an antonym. I mean, "to sign up" sounds colloquial, but "to cancel the service" seems like total legalese. Lol
    Maybe we could come up with our own version of the antonym. "To sign down" or "to sign off," as if you were signing off of your social network account. :P

  7. #7
    Moderator eidjit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    952

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    Quote Originally Posted by francot View Post
    Maybe we could come up with our own version of the antonym. "To sign down" or "to sign off," as if you were signing off of your social network account. :P
    The thing is, What's the correct vernacular when contacting a service you want to cancel/shut down/terminate/give up?
    _Eidji

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    679

    Default Re: ¿Cómo pido "DAR DE BAJA" un servicio en Inglés?

    Quote Originally Posted by eidjit View Post
    The thing is, What's the correct vernacular when contacting a service you want to cancel/shut down/terminate/give up?
    I guess if I were to call and complain I'd say "I'd like to cancel my subscription blah blah blah..." . Terminate sounds too technical, like the word you'd find on the contract you signed for that service.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •