+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: A few words please

 
  1. #1
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    114

    Default A few words please

    Hello,
    How would one say this in Spanish (en Méjico), in polite usted-form?

    Thank you very much (/kindly) for your reply.

    Do you know if I can find the CD somewhere else?

    Or: Perhaps you know if I can find the CD somewhere else?
    Something like that, it doesn't have to be literal.

    I'm also wondering how to say "it is pronounced..." in European and/or American Spanish. (When you wish to clarify the pronunciation of a written foreign word. For example, if it's spelled with two L:s but is pronounced like with one L.)
    Is it possible to say "es pronunciado.."?

    Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Querétaro, México
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    286

    Default Re: A few words please

    Quote Originally Posted by Micu
    ...in polite usted-form?

    Thank you very much (/kindly) for your reply.
    Le agradezco mucho su amable respuesta. Or Le estoy inmensamente agradecido(a) por la respuesta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micu
    Do you know if I can find the CD somewhere else?
    Or: Perhaps you know if I can find the CD somewhere else?
    ¿Sabe donde podría conseguir el CD? o ¿Me podría decir en qué lugar lo encuentro?

    Quote Originally Posted by Micu
    "it is pronounced..."
    la... ...se pronuncia como...

    In all the three cases there are many others possibilities, hope more people could participate even from others countries, it would be interesting see how they use it

    Cheers!

  3. #3
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: A few words please

    Thank you very much (once again) for your help, speculumcm - the different alternatives are great!

    If I wanted to say "I pronounce it ... ", would that be "estoy pronunciarla ..."? (Or is it better to say "it is pronounced ..." in that situation as well?)

  4. #4
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Querétaro, México
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    286

    Default Re: A few words please

    Quote Originally Posted by Micu
    Thank you very much (once again) for your help, speculumcm - the different alternatives are great!

    If I wanted to say "I pronounce it ... ", would that be "estoy pronunciarla ..."? (Or is it better to say "it is pronounced ..." in that situation as well?)
    In that case is, "Yo la pronuncio". But I think it's more common to say "se pronuncia" at least it's what I would use.

  5. #5
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: A few words please

    Quote Originally Posted by speculumcm
    In that case is, "Yo la pronuncio". But I think it's more common to say "se pronuncia" at least it's what I would use.
    Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •