+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: incremento decremento?

 
  1. #1
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    109

    Default incremento decremento?

    Following is my translation from English to Spanish, are they correct?

    increment voice = incremento voz
    decrement voice = decremento voz
    incrment speed = incremento velocidad


    Thank you for help!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    939

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwnmuiy View Post
    Following is my translation from English to Spanish, are they correct?

    increment voice = incremento voz
    decrement voice = decremento voz
    incrment speed = incremento velocidad




    Thank you for help!
    It depends on the context... It will be helpful to have full sentences.

  3. #3
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    109

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
    It depends on the context... It will be helpful to have full sentences.
    They are 3 software menu items. Thank you!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    939

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwnmuiy View Post
    They are 3 software menu items. Thank you!

    Sabes que hace exactamente cada uno de esas opciones? Aumenta la voz o aumenta el volumen de la voz? No me queda claro

    En todo caso yo creo que seria...

    increment voice = incremente voz
    decrement voice = reduzca voz
    incrment speed = velocidad del incremento

  5. #5
    Moderator Jonatane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    34
    Posts
    516
    Rep Power
    769

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Depende del contexo y de lo que haga el software tb puede ser de la siguiente manera:

    increment voice = aumento
    de voz
    decrement voice = reducción de voz
    incrment speed = aumento de velocidad

    increment voice = aumente la voz
    decrement voice = reduzca la voz
    incrment speed = aumente la velocidad



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    939

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonatane View Post
    Depende del contexo y de lo que haga el software tb puede ser de la siguiente manera:

    increment voice = aumento
    de voz
    decrement voice = reducción de voz
    incrment speed = aumento de velocidad

    increment voice = aumente la voz
    decrement voice = reduzca la voz
    incrment speed = aumente la velocidad


    I have a friendly disagreement with the last one.

    incrment speed = aumente la velocidad

    The word increment in the English version is functioning as an adjective. So I don't think it can be translated as a verb.


  7. #7
    Forum User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    109

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
    I have a friendly disagreement with the last one.

    incrment speed = aumente la velocidad

    The word increment in the English version is functioning as an adjective. So I don't think it can be translated as a verb.

    In English dictionaries, the words increment and decrement are defined as nouns. But in this post, the two words act as verbs, I prefer increment and decrement as verbs here. And in some IT related articles, the 2 words are used as verbs too. Here are 2 examples:

    InterlockedIncrement function (Windows)

    InterlockedDecrement function (Windows)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    939

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwnmuiy View Post
    In English dictionaries, the words increment and decrement are defined as nouns. But in this post, the two words act as verbs, I prefer increment and decrement as verbs here. And in some IT related articles, the 2 words are used as verbs too. Here are 2 examples:

    InterlockedIncrement function (Windows)

    InterlockedDecrement function (Windows)
    I see your point. I suppose you could read it both ways.

    You are reading it as in "Increment speed = speed up it now!"
    I am reading it as in "Increment speed= pace at which the speed should be incremented" For example an increment speed of 5 would mean to me that every time it speeds up, the speed will increment by a factor of 5 (units)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,672
    Rep Power
    3019

    Default Re: incremento decremento?

    Computer geeks are notorious for making up their own language without regard to dictionaries.
    vicente

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •