+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost 4

Default Re: Lost 4

A friend of a friend told me something that, when he did, didn't make much sense but now... mmmhhhh.... Jacob is Jack in a different time.

At this point anything could be anything and anyone could be anyone, so I just don't bother thinking about it anymore... I give up, people. I'll just spread myself in my chair and enjoy the ride, wherever it leads to.

That's an interesting theory.. I never though about that...
    It might be true... What I don't understand is why kate leaves the baby? he was born on the island... he should go back too don't you think? He is the ONLY one that is from the island

Faradays Mother told them to recreate the original flight... and there was no baby in Ocean 815, so I guess it makes sense. Besides, by the look in Kate's eyes, she had no choice =/

My theory: Faraday is the reincarnation of Jesus <?>

Jajaja that's your theory?? Why do you say she had no choice? I know he wasn't on th flight, but he was there and left the island... I think he should go back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezequiel

My theory: Faraday is the reincarnation of Jesus <?>
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I don't have any theories, other than LOCKE IS DA MAN!!!

Well, that's a good point: just for the sake of arguing:

1) if anyone were the representation of Christ, shouldn't Locke be the one? I mean, he's the spiritual leader. Faraday is a physicist... nothing further from religion.

2) I don't think they are pursuing a religious plot. All the elements of fantasy have some scientific explanation: for example, when Locke is shot and falls to the pit with all those corpses, we think he's dead and suddenly he shows up alive -the answer is he was shot where he used to have a liver, so the bullet went in and out. The producers said the answers to all the questions are nothing different from what could be found in any Michael Crichton book... and his books are always scientific-based.

Default Re: Lost 4 -Who is Jeremy Bentham?

Ok, so... here is a tip that might help us understand a little better what the producers have in mind for the series. You know the episode was called "The life and death of Jeremy Bentham", but, who is Jeremy Bentham? As it is mentioned in the very episode, he was a British philosopher who lived in the XVIII century. He was the father of utilitarism, which considers the utility of every individual action in reference to the suffering or the pleasure it causes. He also believed in revealed religion.
    Now, this guy is quite the opposite of John Locke (the philosopher), who was an empiricist who didn't believe in innatism or determinism. He considers religion from a private, individual point of view: there is no social relation in religion, but only a relationship between man and God.
    Now, let's face it: John Locke (the character) is closer to Jeremy Bentham (the philosopher) than to John Locke (the philosopher). One of the lines uttered by Locke in one of the first episodes was that the island made him be who he actually was. Couldn't all these games of names be indicative of the same idea: Locke's real name is Bentham? (The same thing happens with Jack, who is a born leader in the island but a mess in the real world)

PS: It's through small steps that one finds the answers... this might seem irrelevant at first but, I think, reveals much of what the producers have in mind.

that's an interesting point, but if i remember correctly, the name Jeremy Bentham was just something that Windmore came up with when he gave John his new ID. I don't think it's his real name.
    On another subject, What is reaaaaally puzzling at least for me is that I can't seem to figure out who the bad guy is! Ben or Windmore? or both? Actually, the only good people in the show are Locke, Aaron, Rose and her husband. Right?
    I never liked Ben, not even for a second, and I sort of like the way Windmore talked to Locke. Am I losing it?

Hi! I agree 100% with what mvictorira says. I just don't know what to believe! It´s so annoying and catchy at the same time!

Saludiños,

Bel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information