+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caught in a 'bad' romance

Banned

Default Re: Caught in a 'bad' romance

other serious toxic romance existing in the 1st book, between Joffrey Lannister and Sansa Stark, that despite all the signs of a sociopath behavior, she still dazzled by their power and physical appearance .... and then she suffered first hand their 'hospitality'
    Last edited by danield; 01-03-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Contributing User

I must admit after reading the posts. Game of Thrones sounds interesting. I admit I watched a few episodes but couldn't get into it. Maybe if I catch from the very beginning it will be different. I think I'll try that.

Banned

if you enjoy the series, you will do only very short 3 seasons are, you also recomiendos books .... they are only 5, for now, George R. pq R. Martin (the author) it is taking too much with the next 2 .... takes more than a year overdue with 6 and still has no firm date .... but they are longer and more interesting ...

Contributing User

danield: Were you a fan before the TV Series? Or did you get into the books afterward?

Banned

I prefer the books, the usual case, a function of momentum and rhythm required television make adjustments that remove certain parts of the book such as pensamietos of the protagonists, etc ... therefore prefer books, this series anque quite faithfully reflected the author is one of the causes for the TV series adaptation

Contributing User

Aaaah yes. I agree. Being an avid reader myself. I prefer the books to the movies. The detail and emotion that a great book offers is no comparison. I often get upset when they change the story lines for the film/tv versions. I'm not okay with that. I feel if you are going to make a movie based on the book...keep it real.

Another example, then, of a ‘bad’ romance.

Joffrey is Cersei’s eldest son. When King Robert Baratheon died, Cersei ‘placed’ Joffrey on the Iron Throne under the false claim that he is a legitimate son from her marriage and she becomes the Queen Regent.

Joffrey is markedly sadistic, a situation that Cersei resents deeply: in Season 2, Cersei confesses to her younger brother, Tyrion, that she feels that Joffrey’s viciousness might be the price she pays for her sin of ****** with Jaime. To comfort her, Tyrion reminds her that her other children are gentle: balanced words amidst chaos and war. What is Tyrion’s story?

Tyrion Lannister is the youngest son of Lord Tywin Lannister. He is a dwarf, a situation that causes him problems and persecution. If he had been born in a poor family, he would have been left out in the woods to die. Since he was born in a powerful noble family, he was raised in wealth and education.

When Tyrion was 16, he met a wheelwright’s daughter on the road, apparently the victim of an attempted rape. In fact, his brother Jaime organized the incident with this woman (a prostitute) so that his dwarf brother could be happy. Ignoring the truth, Tyrion and this woman become lovers and married secretly (the woman was way underneath Tyrion’s social status). For a short time, they lived happily as husband and wife until Lord Tywin learned about this marriage. To teach his youngest son, Tywin gave Tyrion’s wife a silver coin for each of his men she had *** with and forced Tyrion to watch. By the end of the ‘lesson’, the woman had so many silver coins that they were running out of her hands onto the ground.

From that moment on, Tyrion has had a most arid relationship with his father. He tends to overindulge in food, drink and *** with prostitutes in part to compensate for the rotten treatment he’s suffered most of his life. Tyrion is shown to be as intelligent as his father, if not more so. This plus his excellent education help make up for this dwarfism. He is also able to 'read' people as easy as he does books.

For the character of Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones, the actor Peter Dinklage was awarded an Emmy as Best Drama Supporting Actor 2011 and a Golden Globe as Best TV Supporting Actor 2012.
    Last edited by reminder; 01-03-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Banned

Not if you have noticed that all the houses are of poor value Lannister family until now .... there are also other examples, the first thing that comes to mind is that of Ramsay Snow or as he calls himself later Ramsay Bolton, is a product of rape and has a cruel and savage character , delighting in torturing others. He favored the old Bolton custom of flaying their enemies. Though not very smart , is manipulative and enjoys openly sick and abusive , such as girls undressing and release them in the woods of Dreadfort practices , then catch them with a game of wild bitches Girls nicknamed the Bastard . After raping her , gives her a quick death to the girls that are difficult to hunt , then skin them . Like to name their dogs with the names of the women he most enjoyed , " honoring them ." Women who were easy to hunt are raped and skinned alive . The skins girls are carried Dreadfort and bodies as trophies are given to dogs as food.

more information Ramsay Snow - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

The main topic in the book/TV series is war and its evil consequences.

War against everybody. War against neighbours, war inside families, war, always war, a never-ending war. And how deep down every man can fall in war, in every single aspect of his personality.

Banned

I think it is the power, which is done by obtaining and maintaining and take him by force

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information