+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wordfast website

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Hi everyone! Trados is a good program, and it's not complicated if you know Wordfast, but it is really expensive, and I think it comes with SDLX now as a pack. TagEditor from Trados can handle almost any file, I recommend it.
    Although I don’t have any information in regard to the prices of these programs, in your opinion is TRADOS worth the difference in money?. I need to make and investment decision I won’t regret

Truly, my dear young friends, you are a chosen generation. I hope you will never forget it.
    Gordon B. Hinckley

Hi Hebe! I don't think you'll regeret it if you buy it, but you will have to consider the time it will take to pay off, because it is an investment really. I think it mostly depends on your work load.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Hi Hebe! I don't think you'll regeret it if you buy it, but you will have to consider the time it will take to pay off, because it is an investment really. I think it mostly depends on your work load.
    Thank you so much Veronica. It will probably be a median-run investment return. In the meantime, I will have to be happy with just getting some stress reduction in my work. Do you have any idea of how much the package for a freelancer is?
    I would appreciate any information I can get in this connection. I am also concerned about the time I will have to spend in training
    Tnaks again

Truly, my dear young friends, you are a chosen generation. I hope you will never forget it.
    Gordon B. Hinckley

Quote Originally Posted by Hebe
    I don’t do independent work for agencies. I work for a Firm and I just want to make my job a bit easier.
    Then Wordfast is the cheapest and easiest option. Depending on the number of repetitions, a CAT tool can reduce your job and increase your productivity... or your free time

I heard TRADOS requires training which I don’t have much time for. Would it also be the case of wordfast?
    Best regards
    You can download a manual from the Wordfast site. Its basic functions are easy to understand. I don't use all the features, but those I can manage are enough. Of course I'm trying to improve mi skills, because the more you learn, the less you work!

See you!
    Last edited by Julio Jaubert; 08-25-2007 at 09:08 PM.

IUS

Arrow

Although I don’t have any information in regard to the prices of these programs, in your opinion is TRADOS worth the difference in money?. I need to make and investment decision I won’t regret
    Wordfast Hebe... then you could learn and buy Trados, but Wordfast is easy to learn and use, and cheaper!

Thank you so much IUS, Julio and Verónica . It sounds as if wordfast is a good option, and my budget is limited, so I will probably go for it
    I will keep you posted

Gordon B. Hinckley

Post ¿Alguien trabaja de forma regular con Trados o wordfast? ¿Cuál es su experiencia?

Hola, a todos.
    Tal vez ustedes puedan ayudarme. Estoy haciendo un estudio comparativo entre trados y wordfast. Y quería hacerles algunas preguntas como usuarios. Aquí van:

¿Alguien trabaja de forma regular con Trados ( o SDL Trados) y/o wordfast? ¿Cuál es su experiencia?

¿Cuáles son las deficiencias y las ventajas que le ven al programa o a los programas?

Si alguien ya trabajó con los dos ¿cuáles son las diferencias y semejanzas que les ve al hacer uso de ellos?

¿cuál es el mejor programa para ustedes?

¿sabrían decirme cuál es el mejor programa para las agencias?

Les agradecería si mantenemos contacto en español o en portugués. Es que mi inglés no es muy bueno. Sorry!

Gracias por la atención.

Default Re: ¿Alguien trabaja de forma regular con Trados o wordfast? ¿Cuál es su experiencia?

Hello Lutraduc! Welcome to the forum!

I recommend you copy the text in your post and paste it in a New Thread in the CATools inquiry forum. If you leave it here at the end of this long thread no one will notice.
    The button to create a New thread is on the top left side of the screen.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information