+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to English Spanish Translator Org

Default Hello All!

Hi everyone, my name is Dorysel Abreu. I'm dominican and currently live in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. I have a degree in Social Communications but most of my work experience has been English teaching, Translating and Interpreting. As of now I'm working for Network Omni Multilingual Communications, as a Quality Assurance Associate for the Santo Domingo office. Next year I'll be moving to New York and will hopefully continue working and studying in these fields =).

I really like the idea of a place like this, where we all can share and learn from each other in both English and Spanish. I'm looking forward to gain some experience from you and put my two cents as well.

'Til we speak again,

Hi everyone:

I just want to say hi from Colombia.

Saludos y espero poder ayudar y aprender de igual manera!!!

Hi everybody !!!

I'm Susana from Argentina.

Pleased to share this forum.

Saludos,

Su

Default Hi everybody!

I'm the org latest acquisition. I hope my presence can be useful to others in the group, as well as to myself.

Hi everyone, greetings from colombia, I'd like to be helpful, I'd be very pleased to help and receive help with any language matter.

IUS

Smile Welcome Everybody!

Welcome everybody to the community!!!!
    Last edited by IUS; 01-04-2007 at 12:25 AM.

Smile Mae!

Hi, my name is Dale Thomas, but I avoid using my first name around Hispanics. I've heard all the "Dale duro", "Dale con un palo", and "Dale otra vez" jokes I can take in this lifetime. "Dale" is also a little difficult for some folks to pronounce. The "No tomas mas, Tomas?" jokes are just as bad, but what can I do? I'm running out of names.

I live in Santo Domingo de Heredia, a small city just outside San Jose, Costa Rica. It's not an attractive city, but it's peaceful and people are friendly. Before coming here, I lived in Rio Grande do Sul, the southernmost state in Brazil. I lived in the Serra Gaucha and the capital.
    Before that I lived in California. It's a long story, but in a few years I may move to Argentina or Chile. Any country with chacareras, cuecas, charangos, zamponas, parrilladas, and empanadas can't be all bad. I'm retired so I don't have to worry about putting food on the table wherever I go.

In addition to history, music, films, mysteries, and quite a few other things, I'm very interested in slang and regionalisms. I came to Costa Rica in December 2006 after an absence of many years believing I had a basic knowledge of Costa Rican slang. To my surprise, most of my slang was very much out of date. I'm finding lots of new words to learn and use. "Mae" (dude, guy, friend) is one example. "Tuanis" (cool, good, fine) is another. And I'm finding that some of the older slang that still exists has changed meangings. Examples of this include "chingo" (not to be confused with the Mexican "chingar") and "hueso". It sure keeps the brain cells busy!

Over the years I've had the good fortune of visiting many countries in Latin America. In November 2006 I had a chance to see parts of Uruguay, Argentina, and Chile. In the near future I'll be going to Panama and Nicaragua. I haven't been there for years. I'd like to return to Guatemala too.

I'm very active in Scouting in Costa Rica, and I anticipate getting back into a service club such as the Rotary or the Lions. I've been a member of both.

Pura vida!

Default Re: Welcome to English Spanish Translator Org

how do you start a thread to ask for help?

Forum User

If you put new thread in the search engine, you will find instructions on how to start a new thread since the question has been asked and answered before.
    Welcome everyone.

I cannot find how to start a new thread - not obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by IUS
    English Spanish Translator Org is a forum where all the members can interact and help each other.

You could find threads about English to Spanish translations and Spanish to English Translations, Legal Translations, Marketing Translations, Technical Translations, Medical Translations, Financial Translations, Accounting Translations, CAT Tools, Training for Translators, Translation Issues, Translator Issues, Other Languages Translation, Useful Languages Resources, Translation Organizations, and Translators’ Events.

If you are new to this forum, this is the place where you can introduce yourself to other members of the forum.

Just answer this Thread, or start a new Thread about yourself. The choice is yours!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information