+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ensalada rusa

Contributing User

Default Re: Ensalada rusa

I think it is potato salad, but I just don't see why the translation from English to Spanish would be so different. Si ensalada rusa no es "potato salad" como se dice "potato salad" en español? Por que nunca e oido ensalada de papas y I've never heard Russian Salad.

I think Russian Salad sounds much more elegant then Potato Salad. The next time I go to KFC I´m going to order a side of biscuits and Russian Salad and see what happens.

Contributing User

LOL! Amayo that does sound pretty fancy! Unfortunately for us our KFCs don't have any Russian Salads, they just have coleslaw

Forum User

Amayo, it's definitely much more elegant, please let us know what they tell you at KFC.

I was asking around here and I was told that ensalada rusa is made up of potatoes, green peas, carrots and mayonnaise (nothing more, nothing less).

I've never thought all this would come up after my comment about "ensalada rusa".
    It's funny because in Brazil it's called "mayonnaise" and some of you mentioned it's called "potato salad", since both names are only a part of the salad, right?
    Besides, a potato salad wouldn't consist only of patotoes...Otherwise it would be just "some potatoes". We have salads with potatoes and boiled eggs, for instance. A salad at least should have 2 ingredients. What do you think?

What KFC doesn´t serve potato salad in your area?? You guys got the short end of the stick on that one.

Actually Analaura, technically speaking, potato salad can be just potatoes and mayonnaise. But you def get kudos points for adding hard boiled eggs and other veggies!!

Does enslaada rusa have to have peas and carrots in it to be considered legitimate? What would you call just plain potato salad then? Papas con mayonesa?

Contributing User

Amayo we definitely have the short end of the stick over here for that one

And just today, I had potato salad even though it doesn't sound so exciting and fancy like saying I had some Russian Salad for lunch

Have you ever tried putting a little "salsa de barbuquoa" on you Russian Salad? It´s really good too!

PIM

¿barbacoa con mayonesa? No confio en esa mezcla. ¿Barbacoa es la salsa que se usa para aderezar previamente las carnes a la parrilla?

Forum User

Amayo, I've tried the bbq sauce on potato salad before, I have to agree with you, it's really really good!

kvillanueva how did you make your potato salad? I quite like the name Russian Salad instead of potato salad, far more elegant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information