+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please translate

Default Re: Please translate

Too bad, I've responded a couple of times, and I get a message saying the moderator has to review my post, and then it's never posted

Let's try this again... Hi exxcéntrica, thank you for the reply. And you're right, she was upset at the time she wrote her "Lista de lina," which I assume means "life list?"
    Unfortunatey, I don't have a complete conversation; It's just a list she wrote and stuck to her fridge. haha, you're right, she's talking about two girls from work who are "against her," but I don't know what she means by put them in the freezer, because that's not a saying we use in Canada unless it's literal...
    Last edited by Jackjethro; 05-26-2015 at 04:48 PM.

You're right, Jesse IS a guy (her boyfriend actually ), and I assume you mean to say she's saying, "I am going to send Jesse to Fing h#ll?"

two lines down her list after sending Jesse to h*ll, she writes the "Michael me va a solver a llamar," comment, so I wonder if that's said with a vibe of Michael being the next guy after her current boyfriend, Jesse? (I know it's tough to say, I just wonder if the way she wrote it gives off a vibe of liking Michael or what.)
    Thanks again for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by analaura View Post
    Hi Jack
    Do you have a bit more context for the last 2 new sentences you need help with?
    Hi analaura, the lines come from a list she wrote and stuck to her fridge, so: lista de lina "No hacer gastos" was the first thing on the list, and "Meter a las tipas en el frizer," I think is her talking about two girls at work she was having problems with at the time. Maybe she's saying give them the cold shoulder? i don't know. This was the last line on her page and a half long list.
    Last edited by Jackjethro; 05-26-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Hi Jack
    How you doing?
    Well, I´ve just asked a work mate from Venezuela, and we agree in that we think she´s meaning "ignore them", "put them on hold", "don´t pay attention to them". That´s what we think it is, in slang.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjethro View Post
    Let's try this again... Hi exxcéntrica, thank you for the reply. And you're right, she was upset at the time she wrote her "Lista de lina," which I assume means "life list?"
    No idea, this means nothing to me.
    Unfortunatey, I don't have a complete conversation; It's just a list she wrote and stuck to her fridge. haha, you're right, she's talking about two girls from work who are "against her," but I don't know what she means by put them in the freezer, because that's not a saying we use in Canada unless it's literal...
    Seeeeeee, takes one to know one lol, she wants to kill them...if you freeze somebody you kill the guy, girl in this case, not to be taken literally though. She is just pissed.

You're right, Jesse IS a guy (her boyfriend actually ), and I assume you mean to say she's saying, "I am going to send Jesse to Fing h#ll?"
    Absolutely! I guess he deserves it

two lines down her list after sending Jesse to h*ll, she writes the "Michael me va a solver a llamar," comment, so I wonder if that's said with a vibe of Michael being the next guy after her current boyfriend, Jesse? (I know it's tough to say, I just wonder if the way she wrote it gives off a vibe of liking Michael or what.)
    Thanks again for the help guys!
    Misspelling here: me va a volver a llamar, he is going to call me again.

So yes, she probably found a substitute

Hi analaura, the lines come from a list she wrote and stuck to her fridge, so: lista de lina "No hacer gastos" was the first thing on the list, and "Meter a las tipas en el frizer," I think is her talking about two girls at work she was having problems with at the time. Maybe she's saying give them the cold shoulder? i don't know. This was the last line on her page and a half long list.
    This is another possibility, cold shoulder. We don't use these expressions in Spain.

NO hacer gastos: not spend any money

Quote Originally Posted by analaura View Post
    Hi Jack
    How you doing?
    Well, I´ve just asked a work mate from Venezuela, and we agree in that we think she´s meaning "ignore them", "put them on hold", "don´t pay attention to them". That´s what we think it is, in slang.
    Yeah, I think you're right. That makes sense, based on what I know was going on with her and the girls at work. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by exxcéntrica View Post
    No idea, this means nothing to me.

Seeeeeee, takes one to know one lol, she wants to kill them...if you freeze somebody you kill the guy, girl in this case, not to be taken literally though. She is just pissed.
    Ok, makes sense...totally pissed She's good at that lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information