+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: crossmember: parts of the truck

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Rep Power

    Default crossmember: parts of the truck

    Can anyone tell me what part of the truck is the "crossmember"? I've search everywhere, believe me. It is a kind of bar (like the bumper) that crosses all the vehicle, cast in iron...I don't (and my mechanic) doesn't know.
    Besides, can any one tell me the differencia between "rim and tyre"? ¿Cubierta y llanta?
    For the guy who is translating the truck manual....have you translated "Banjo"? and spindle? (the first is "cañonera" and the second "manguete"- for argentinians)
    thks to all

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Rep Power

    Default Crossmember, rim, tire

    Crossmember = travesaño
    Rim = rin
    Tire = llanta

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Rep Power


    Coincido en que puede ser travesaño, encontre igual miembro transversal, pero a lo mejor te quede igual "barra del chasis".

    Rim es el "Rin", osea la parte metalica, el aro donde va montanda la Llanta "Tire "(cubierta-caucho, etc)

    espero te sirvan mis comentarios

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. parts racks
    By Araguaney in forum English to Spanish Technical Translation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
  2. I can get the major parts but help with a few key words would be appreciated!
    By Zorro in forum English to Spanish Legal Translation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
  3. Parts of a document
    By josie73 in forum General English to Spanish Translation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts