We are currently translating a shopping cart language pack from English to Spanish for our new website. We have been getting on quite well - but are stuck on a few phrases. We would be extremely happy and thankful if anybody can help out.
Thanks in advance. Here are the tricky/unknown/guessed phrases:
- "Form Field" (as in a text input area on a website - forma campo?)
- "Field" (as above - campo?)
- "RRP" (Recommended retail price - is there an acronym that is commonly understood in Spanish?)
- "Homepage" (pagina de inicio/inicio?)
- "Checkout" (is there a well used/accepted term for this in Spanish?)
- "Start Checkout"
- "Checkout Login"
- "In Stock" (existencias?)
- "Stock levels"
- "Basket" (cesta/carrito/bolsa?)
- "mailing list" (eg to send weekly information about special offers, etc)
- "Web site Builder/Department Builder" ("Builder" is the word we're not sure about - constructor?)
- "Check Box"
- "Text Area"
- "Input Box"
- "Orphan products" (i.e. they don't have a parent product)
- "plain" (...as in not HTML but text only email - texto?)
- "Trade Customer" (somebody you -venta-* stock to for them to -venta-* to other people)
Big thanks to any of the great people who can help us out!
We will PM a discount voucher for the store if you can help!
David & Nieves
* Blacklisted word here!!