+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Puns

 
  1. #1
    Senior Member lauracipolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I'm from La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    605

    Talking Puns

    In fact, I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in jokes -I love puns, and they're as hard to translate as jokes. Impossible, I'd say!

    I found these fun pun jokes to share with you all:
    • I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
    • Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.
    • I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
    • There was once a cross-eyed teacher who couldn't control his pupils.
    I'll come back with more if you like them! (Add yours, if you have some!)

  2. #2
    Senior Member exxcéntrica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    1817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauracipolla
    In fact, I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in jokes -I love puns, and they're as hard to translate as jokes. Impossible, I'd say!

    I found these fun pun jokes to share with you all:
    • I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
    • Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.
    • I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.
    • There was once a cross-eyed teacher who couldn't control his pupils.
    I'll come back with more if you like them! (Add yours, if you have some!)
    This is great!!
    Los hombres son superiores a las mujeres porque Alá les otorgó la primacia sobre ellas. Portanto, dió a los varones el doble de lo que dió a las mujeres. Los maridos que sufrieran desobediencia de sus mujeres pueden castigarlas: abandonarlas en sus lechos, e incluso golpearlas.
    No se legó al hombre mayor calamidad que la mujer."


    El Corán (libro sagrado de los musulmanes, recitado por Alá a Maomé en el siglo VI)


  3. #3
    Senior Member Frank van den Eeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Antwerp/Belgium
    Age
    71
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    1135

    Default

    Really nice !

    Found some too :

    -A cheese manufacturer based on the coast line was called "Ocean Bries".
    -Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point ?


    Cheers !
    beste groeten - sincères salutations - kindest regards - atentamente - mit freundlichen Grüßen

  4. #4
    Senior Member exxcéntrica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,241
    Rep Power
    1817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank van den Eeden
    -Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point ?


    Cheers !
    Wonderful!!!
    Los hombres son superiores a las mujeres porque Alá les otorgó la primacia sobre ellas. Portanto, dió a los varones el doble de lo que dió a las mujeres. Los maridos que sufrieran desobediencia de sus mujeres pueden castigarlas: abandonarlas en sus lechos, e incluso golpearlas.
    No se legó al hombre mayor calamidad que la mujer."


    El Corán (libro sagrado de los musulmanes, recitado por Alá a Maomé en el siglo VI)


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    3148

    Default

    Did you hear about the optometrist who fell into a lens grinder and made a spectacle of himself?

    Doctors tell us there are over seven million people who are overweight. These, of course, are only round figures.

    What is the purpose of reindeer? It makes the grass grow, sweetie.

    There were two ships. One had red paint, one had blue paint. They collided. At last report, the survivors were marooned.

    The other day I sent my girlfriend a huge pile of snow. I rang her up and asked, "Did you get my drift?"

    Where do you find giant snails? On the ends of giant's fingers
    vicente

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    401

    Default Puns are fun!

    Hey guys, your puns are really good?? Where do you get them from? Are you just picking them up from the street, let's say, or there are recopillations running around somewhere...

  7. #7
    Senior Member lauracipolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I'm from La Plata, Argentina
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    605

    Default puns site

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrina
    Hey guys, your puns are really good?? Where do you get them from? Are you just picking them up from the street, let's say, or there are compilations running around somewhere...
    hi, sabrina,

    here's where I found some: http://www.punoftheday.com/cgi-bin/d...0&sub=0&page=1

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    3148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauracipolla
    hi, sabrina,

    here's where I found some: http://www.punoftheday.com/cgi-bin/d...0&sub=0&page=1
    What a coincidence! That's where I found mine too!
    (http://www.punoftheday.com/)

    Brilliant minds think alike (and google the same web pages)!
    vicente

  9. #9
    Contributing User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ciudad de México
    Age
    50
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    252

    Default

    I remember this one, which John Donne, 17th century English poet, supposedly said right after he got married:

    John Donne, and Donne [his wife], undone.

    Saludos

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    596

    Default From the late, great Mitch Hedberg:

    "I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •